New tradition…I want to reflect on each week and find the top 5 things I’m proud of or that put a smile on my face. I’m sure this is an “Oprah” type thing (remember the gratitude journal?). It IS a good idea to give thanks to the many things-big and small-that bless us during the week!
- The highlight of my week is that the kids went back to school and EVERYONE is doing well! Oldest (13 yr old daughter) had a good start. No complaints-and that says a lot! She’s been practicing her make up tricks and planning outfits like nobody’s business! Middle (10 yr old son) is at a new building for 5th and 6th graders. He was SOOOOO excited to have a locker. You forget how important that stuff is! He came home yesterday proclaiming it was the BEST school day EVER. He was chosen to be in the “Reach” program. It’s a faster paced class for the advanced students. He is going there for math. Moving up an entire year! He’s proud. I’m proud! Youngest (6 yr old son) likes it, but honestly, could do without it! He’s all about Lego’s and playing with friends. This is his first year of going all day, and it’s long for him. He’ll get used to it…I hope! He’s so honest and always tells me if he had to move his clip up or down (behavior chart). Only down 1 day…for pencil fighting. Grrrr.
- After 30 days of Asylum, I did the fit assessment test again. I improved overall! I can tell my upper body is shaping up. The fit test-it left me sore for 2 days!
- Amazing weather. I know it’s nothing I did personally, but I do love the lower temps we had for several days. There is nothing better than having open windows and falling asleep to the sound of crickets (my husband disagrees!).
- My little page on facebook has grown to nearly 100 subscribers in a very short time. The best part of that is how many people leave comments. We all learn from each other and help share the circle of health! I love finding little tidbits or gems of information to share!
- I had my husband home for another week! He travels often for work. When he is able to work from home, it’s a treat. I know the time is coming where we’ll be without him for some stretches of time. I love that he was able to be at our daughter’s first tennis match and work with our son for baseball tryouts. It’s also much easier to cook dinner when he’s around…he’s the one person who doesn’t complain about what I make for dinner!
Try it! I would love to hear yours as well~